You made it to the New Year and so did we! We’re glad to be back!
In Top of Mind this week, we discuss “old man gifts” from Bae and Boobookins, resolutions or lack thereof, the passing of Stuart Scott and some inspirational lessons learned from his life, three words that can change how you handle difficult situations, and Rich getting into meditation and journaling as well as a couple apps he’s tried.
In Hot Topics, we cover Oprah causing internet backlash with comments about waiting to see leadership emerge from the Ferguson and NYC protests. This spun into a bigger conversation about movements and the folks that drive them. We also revisited some interesting stats about gun deaths in the U.S. and abroad.
In Feedback and Follow Up, we answered a few listener questions. And in the Hustle, Rich recommended a cool podcast and WIM dropped some knowledge on saving money for the long term. We discussed other stuff too, but you’ll have to listen to hear what.
- Apps Mentioned: Headspace, Insight Timer
- Oprah’s comments about recent protests and Ferguson spark controversy
- Report: Gun deaths of officers jump 56%
- American police kill one suspect every day
- Another (much higher) count of homicides by police
- Killed by Police (website)
- Rich Recommends: Startup Podcast
- Active vs. Passive Investing